Saturday, December 18, 2010

Burlesque!

Let me preface this post by saying that if you are going to this movie to witness a cinematic breakthrough, you are going to be disappointed. You have to go in to it knowing that it isn't going to be the best movie, the acting won't be the best, but it is going to be a lot of fun. Having said that, I really enjoyed this movie. I was actually really surprised at how well Christina did in her role, considering she is a singer, and this was her first acting job. She wasn't amazing by any means, but I expected her to be worse. I continue to be blown away by her vocals every time she opens her mouth, and while a lot of her songs sounded the same, she still sang them fantastically.

Cher was Cher. I wish they would have but more emphasis on the relationship between Ali and Tess, especially with Ali not having a mother really and never learning how to put on make up herself. The scene where Tess shows Ali the basics and is kind of motherly towards her is a really tender and sweet moment and I felt that focusing more on her taking Ali under her wings would have made the movie a little better.

Having said all that, I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. The dancing was spectacular. The music, while sounding similar, was a ton of fun as well. In short, if you are just looking to be entertained and you want to feel like grooving along with good music, you should definitely check this out!

No comments:

Post a Comment